Friday, April 30, 2010

White Sangria


I. love. sangria. It's the perfect spring/summer drink. For those of you that know me, however, know that I can't really drink red wine (it's the tannins, I get migraines and then I'm sad). But, I love love love white wine. And I love fruit. So what could be better then a white sangria? Oh yea....a white sangria with my new favorite liquor, St-Germain.

St-Germain has quickly become my new favorite liquor. It's an elderflower liquor from France and it is tasty! It's lightly sweet and just plain tasty. You should check it out if you get a chance (and are of the appropriate drinking age, of course). They have a bunch of drink recipe recommendations on their website, I've tried quite a few of the recipes and have yet to be disappointed.

Okay, so here's the recipe for the St-Germain Sangria.


(For those folks 21 and over)


Sangria Flora
courtesy of St-Germain

Prep Time: 10 minutes or so (however long it takes you to chop up fruit)
Inactive Time: at least 3 hours

Ingredients
  • 1 bottle Sauvigon Blanc or other dry white wine (I used a Pinot Grigio - it was delicious!)
  • 1 to 1 1/2 cups St-Germain
  • 2 Fresh Peaches, sliced
  • 1 Fresh Orange, sliced
  • 5 - 6 Strawberries, halved or quartered
  • A handful of Fresh Raspberries
  • 1 bunch Fresh Grapes
Directions
  1. Stir ingredients in a pitcher or carafe. Allow fruit to soak in the mixture between 3 and 8 hours. Serve in an ice-filled glass.
Enjoy responsibly!! This is really tasty and before you know it you may have had many many glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment