Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Baking for the under employed...

So...it's come to my attention that I should have a blog. A baking blog. Obviously...what else would I blog about? I know about 2 things...stage managing and baking. I've been doing more of one than the other lately. I love baking. I'm not a cook. I don't like to measure things exactly. But it works for me. I don't know why it works for me and not others...but it does.

That said..I LOVE to bake. I don't particularly care for cooking. Occasionally, you will see me post about cooking. I do it because I cannot live on baked goods alone. I haven't tried...I'd like to try perhaps, but I don't think it would be good for the size of my waist.

There you have it. That's what this blog will be. If there are recipes you are interested in me trying, give a shout. Hopefully these will mostly be successes, but I imagine there will be some disaster stories that will show you I'm just a regular gal in the kitchen.

I also have been toying with the idea of going to school to get my certificate of pastry, but do I want to be a chef or a cook? These are the ideals I struggle with in my mind while whipping up something in the kitchen. Do I want to weigh everything? Am I okay with approximate measures? If I did everything perfectly and spent $40,000 on an education would I be a better baker? Of course...it would be prettier, but does that make it better?

I guess only time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment