Thursday, May 13, 2010

Toffee Cookies

Who loves toffee? I do! I do!

So, these have quickly become a favorite of mine ... and many people I know. It's a very simple cookie (really just a variation of a chocolate chip cookie), but somehow seems more ... exotic with the addition of toffee rather than the standard chocolate chip.

About a year ago I had much debate as to the best type of coffee to use for this venture and I made two batches, which we had to taste test. I know, a terrible job, right? So I tried both Heath & Score bars. They're pretty much the same, when put in a cookie. I think I liked the Heath slightly better for these purposes, because it has a slightly thicker layer of chocolate which melts nicely into the cookie. Any chocolate covered toffee bar should work nicely.

Okay, without further ado...


Delicious Toffee Cookies

Prep Time: about 10 minutes
From ingredients to plate: about 1 hour 15 minutes
Yields: 3 1/2 - 4 dzn cookies

Ingredients
  • 2 1/4 cups unsifted flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter at room temperature
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 4 to 5 toffee bars chopped into small pieces (I use either Heath or Score, though you could use a toffee bar without any chocolate coating)
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
  2. Stir flour with baking soda and salt; set aside.
  3. In large mixer bowl, cream butter with sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Gradually blend dry mixture into creamed mixture. Stir in toffee bits.
  4. Drop 1 tablespoon of dough per cookie onto ungreased cookie sheets.
  5. Bake at 375ºF for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment